Hickory Harvest Island Fruit Mix and Organic Nut Mix Products
A snack food company based in Akron, Ohio, has recalled certain lots of its fruit and nut mixes because they were potentially exposed to Listeria monocytogenes and may cause food poisoning. Hickory Harvest Foods of Akron, Ohio is voluntarily recalling specific lots due to their possible health risk to consumers.
The recalled items include:
- 9 oz. Island Fruit Mix in a plastic resealable bag
- 9 oz. Organic Nut Mix in our plastic deli tubs
- 3 oz. Raw Almonds in plastic tube nut bag
- 6 oz. Almond Raisin Mix in plastic tube nut bag
- 1 oz. Natural Pistachios in plastic tube nut bag
- 2 oz. Honey Cashews in plastic tube nut bag
Hickory Harvest staff discovered the presence of Listeria monocytogenes on a piece of production equipment when they performed routine environmental testing. The risk of fruit and nut mixes produced on this line being exposed to listeria contamination caused the company to issue the recall.
Food products that have been recalled were sold at Liberty Snacks, Heinens, Pilot Flying J, Travel Centers, Diamond Gasoline, and Petro locations in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MO, NC, ND, NE, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WY.
The following products are included in this product recall:
- Hickory Harvest: Island Fruit Mix, UPC 0-36232-06052-9, Lot number 032019
- Heinens: Organic Nut Mix, UPC 0-36232-01871-1, Lot number 031919
- Liberty Snacks: Raw Almonds, UPC 8-04879-17157-7, Lot number 031919
- Liberty Snacks: Almond Raisin Mix, UPC 8-04879-17158-4, Lot number 032019
- Liberty Snacks: Natural Pistachios, UPC 8-04879-17158-4, Lot number 032019
- Liberty Snacks: Honey Cashews, UPC 8-04879-17154-4, Lot number 032119
People who eat food products contaminated with listeria can experience symptoms that include high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. If you have consumed any of these products and have concerns about listeria contamination, please contact the food poisoning lawyers at 1-888-335-4901.