About Ron Simon & Associates
Food poisoning lawyer Ron Simon’s groundbreaking work on behalf of victims in several recent national foodborne illness outbreaks (Chipotle burritos, Costco berries, Peter Pan peanut butter, Castleberry’s chili, Nestle cookie dough, Kellogg crackers, Subway sandwiches, Wright County eggs, and Jensen Farms cantaloupes, to name a few) has been featured on NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX and virtually all other major television networks and print media. He has represented over 5000 victims of food poisoning outbreaks in the past ten years alone. He is currently representing victims in the Romaine Lettuce E. coli Outbreak, the Egg Salmonella Outbreak, the pre-cut melon Salmonella Outbreak, and the Kellogg Honey Smacks Salmonella Outbreak.
Ron has been voted a “Texas Super Lawyer”, a Thompson Reuters Service (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016) by his peers, and a “Top Lawyer For the People” (2004), by H Texas Magazine. Additionally, he holds an “AV” Peer Review rating for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability (2005-2017) – the highest rating available.
He has also been named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017).
By virtue of his expertise in food poisoning cases, Ron is routinely interviewed by television and print media, and he frequently serves as an invited speaker at foodborne illness conferences across the United States.
Ron’s articles on ongoing food poisoning outbreaks and related litigation – as featured at Food Poisoning News – have been viewed by readers in over 180 countries.
Through litigation, media commentary, his food poisoning publications and profession as a national food poisoning lawyer, Ron relentlessly challenges food companies to do a better job in making our food safe.
Ron was raised in Baytown, Texas. He graduated from Baytown Lee High School in 1986. He was awarded several scholarships to attend the University of Texas in Austin, where he received his bachelor’s degree in the Civil Engineering Honors Program in 1990 (graduating #5 in his class), and his J.D. in 1993.
Ron is married to his college sweetheart, Sarah. They have three children – Jessica, Ashley, and Jordan.
University of Texas at Austin – B.S. Civil Engineering – Honors Program – 1990
- Cockrell, Teagle, Conoco, and Goodman Engineering Scholarships
- Chi Epsilon, Phi Eta Sigma, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Societies
- University of Texas Men’s Water Ski Team
University of Texas at Austin – J.D. – 1993
- Board of Advocates – 1992-1993
Honors & Distinctions
- Voted a Texas Super Lawyer, a Thompson Reuters Service, in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Awarded the AV Peer Review Rating For Ethical Standards and Legal Ability (Highest Rating) from 2005-2017
- Named one of the “Top Lawyers of 2015” by Houstonia
- Named one of “America’s Most Honored Professionals” in 2015 by American Registry
- Named one of H Texas Magazine’s “Top Lawyers For the People” in 2004, by H Texas Magazine
- National Trial Lawyers Association – Named a Top 100 Trial Lawyer in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- The Summit Council – Member
- Texas Bar Foundation – Life Fellow
- State of Texas Bar Association
- Adopting a Military Approach to Polygraph Evidence Admissibility: Why Federal Evidentiary Protections Will Suffice, 25 Tex. Tech L. Rev Vol 4, 1055 (1994).
- The Evidence Wars, Daubert and Other Developments in Evidence and Expert Testimony, SMU School of Law Advanced Civil Trial and Appellate Advocacy Seminar, 1996
- Northwest Food Processors Association Annual Meeting – Criminal Prosecution of the Food Manufacturer and its Executives – January 10, 2017 – Portland, OR
- Georgia Trial Lawyers’ Association 2016 Annual Convention – Be Careful What You Eat: An Overview of Food Poisoning Litigation in the United States – April 28, 2016 – Atlanta, GA
- American Frozen Foods Institute – Board of Directors Meeting – Criminal Prosecution of the Food Manufacturer and its Executives – April 25 ,2016 – Los Angeles, CA
- American Bar Association – Environmental, Mass Torts & Products Liability Litigation Committee’s Joint CLE Seminar – An Emerging Trend in Food Poisoning Litigation – Criminal Prosecution of the Food Manufacturer and its Executives – January 21-23, 2016 – Park City, UT
- Damages – Go Big or Go Home – Using the Media to Drive Damages – June 14-16, 2015 – Las Vegas, NV
- Damages – Go Big or Go Home – Presenting Punitive Damages in Food Poisoning Cases – March 23-25, 2014 – Las Vegas, NV
- Trial Lawyer MMA – Combining the Disciplines – Understanding Food Poisoning Cases and Telling the Story – March 2-5, 2014 – Aspen, CO
- Food-Borne Illness Litigation Forum – Connecting the Litigation Paper Trail: How FSMA Reporting Requirements Impact Your Litigation Strategies – January 29, 2014 – San Francisco, CA
- Food, Drug, and Medical Device Litigation Forum – Resolving Food Poisoning Cases – April 23-24, 2012 – Minneapolis, MN
- American Bar Association – Food and Supplements Section Inaugural Workshop – Using Today’s Technology to Identify Food Poisoning Cases, February 17, 2011 – Atlanta, GA
- Food-Borne Illness Litigation – Advanced Strategies for Assessing, Managing, and Defending Food Contamination Claims, October 26-27, 2009 – Chicago, IL
- Louisiana Bar Association – 9th Annual Symposium -Handling Food Poisoning Litigation 16, 2009 – New Orleans, LA
- Food-Borne Illness Litigation – Advanced Strategies for Assessing, Managing, and Defending Claims of Food Contamination, December 4-5, 2008 – Scottsdale, AZ
- Food-Borne Illness Litigation – Advanced Strategies for Assessing, Managing, and Defending Food Contamination Claims, February 28-29, 2008 – Scottsdale, AZ
Ron Simon & Associates | Experienced Food Poisoning Attorneys
Ron Simon & Associates is a team of trial lawyers committed to winning. The attorneys at Ron Simon & Associates have represented thousands of people across the United States, Mexico, and Canada who have been victimized by foodborne illness.
Our Commitment to You
At Ron Simon & Associates, we realize that people are often intimidated by large corporations and insurance companies. These businesses hire teams of lawyers to fight all claims no matter what the cost and without regard to responsibility. Our firm has the resources, dedication, and experience to level the legal playing field against any opponent. We will not be outspent, outworked, or outgunned when we take your case.
When you select Ron Simon & Associates, you get a personal commitment to the pursuit of your rights in an honorable, ethical, and efficient manner. We care about our clients and their families, and we intend to make a difference in their lives and the lives of those in our community. We seek legal victories that will not only compensate our clients but will also make changes in the way these companies do business so that others will not suffer the same injuries again. As a result of our efforts, several food manufacturers have made significant changes to their processing plants and made their products safer to eat.
Our Commitment to Our Opponents
At Ron Simon & Associates, we are dedicated to the aggressive prosecution of our clients’ claims, while adhering to the strictest ethical standards of the State Bar of Texas and the courts in which we practice. We want and expect to win – but we will do it fair and square.
Our Commitment to the Community
At Ron Simon & Associates, we also recognize our responsibility to give back to the communities we serve. Our food poisoning lawyers and their families regularly donate time and funds to numerous charities, including:
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Be A Resource For Kids Foundation
- Best Buddies
- Boys & Girls Harbor
- Casa de Esperanza
- Catholic Charities
- Child Advocates
- Children’s Assembly
- Contemporary Arts Museum
- Dress For Success
- Goodwill Industries
- Family Services of Houston
- For the Children International
- Foundation for the Retarded
- Harris County Fraternal Order of Police
- Hope 4 Kids International
- House of Tiny Treasures
- Houston Achievement Place
- Houston Habitat for Humanity
- Houston Museum of Fine Arts
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers
- Houston Zoo
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Lift-Up of Routt County
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- National Hemophilia Foundation
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services
- Society for the Performing Arts
- Special Olympics of Texas
- Star of Hope
- Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club Foundation
- Texas Firefighters Association
- The Children’s Assembly
- The Children’s Fund
- The Salvation Army
- The University of Texas General Scholarship Fund
- United Way
- West University Rotary Foundation
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- Sand Dollar Youth Services
Our food poisoning attorneys also spend hundreds of hours each year helping low-income individuals work through their legal issues free of charge
For more information about Ron Simon and the law firm of Ron Simon & Associates,
call us toll-free at 1-888-335-4901.