Flowers bread products potentially contaminated with salmonella
A number of bread products produced by Flowers Foods Inc. are being recalled because an ingredient in the bread, whey powder, is potentially contaminated with salmonella. The ingredient has also been recalled by the third-party whey powder manufacturer and supplier because of potential contamination.
Flowers has recalled Swiss Rolls that are distributed nationwide under the brand names Mrs. Freshley’s, Food Lion, H-E-B, Baker’s Treat, Market Square, and Great Value. The recall also includes Captain John Derst’s Old Fashioned Bread distributed in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. No illnesses have yet been reported related to salmonella contaminated bread, but consumers who have purchased these products should not eat them.
Recalled products include:
- Freshley’s – 4 ct./7.2 oz. with UPC 072250011907 and best by / enjoy by dates of 10/09/18 through 10/19/18, 309 8187 A 75 D, 309 8187 B 75 D, 309 8190 C 75 D, 309 8194 B 75 D, and 309 8194 C 75 D
- Freshley’s – 6 ct./12 oz. with UPC 072250903233 and best by / enjoy by dates of 10/14/18 and 309 8194 B 75 D
- Food Lion – 6 ct./13 oz. with UPC 035826092779 and best by / enjoy by date of 10/16/18
- H-E-B – 6 ct./12 oz. with UPC 041220296583 and best by / enjoy by date of 9/19/18
- Baker’s Treat – 6 ct./13 oz. with UPC 041498188382 and best by / enjoy by dates of 9/21/18 through 09/28/18
- Market Square – 6 ct./12 oz. with UPC 087381760556 and best by / enjoy by dates of 309 8194 B
- Great Value – 6 ct./13 oz. with UPC 078742147550 and best by / enjoy by dates of 9/17/18 through 9/25/18 and 309 8191 B
- Captain John Derst’s Old Fashioned Bread with UPC 071316001180 and best by / enjoy by dates of 7/16/18 through 7/28/18
For more information about the Flowers Foods recall and about salmonella contamination, contact the food poisoning lawyers at 1-888-335-4901.