The sesame seed salmonella recall expands:
A sesame seed salmonella recall, touching many products due to the fear of salmonella contamination that originally included only 1-pound containers and unbranded bulk packages of various, unspecified weights, has been expanded significantly. The product has been traced to more than a dozen products currently being recalled to prevent the spread of salmonella food poisoning.
The recall now includes:
- ARZ Fine Foods Sesame Seeds White, 1 lb. Packed on 18.JA.09; Sold at ARZ Fine Foods, 1909 Lawrence Avenue E., Toronto, Ontario;
- Bulk Sesame Seeds, variable weight. All packages sold up to and including January 23, 2018 at Bulk Food Stop Inc., 2900 Warden Avenue, Scarborough, Ontario;
- IHF Sesame seeds, white, 200g and 400g. Product codes 2-1217 and 4-1217, respectively; Sold at Iqbal Halal Foods, 2 Thorncliffe Pk. Dr., Toronto, Ontario;
- HelloFRESH Sesame Seeds, included in Toasted Brown Rice Bowl, 9g. and included in meal kits delivered Jan. 9 and 10 to customers in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan;
- Bhugga, a dessert made with sesame seeds, 50g pieces. All units sold from Jan. 4 through 24 at three Rajdhani Sweets & Restaurants locations in Brampton and Etobicoke, Ontario;
- Naturally Good Hulled Sesame Seeds. Lot No. 1708-01, produced 08/2017, distributed by North American Impex to Hotel/Restaurant/Institutional customers in Albert, New Brunswick and Ontario;
- David Roberts Food Corporation Sesame Seeds Raw, 2 x 1.5 kg. Lots #7514, 7523, 7524, 7525, 8013, 8015, 8023, 8024; distributed by David Roberts Food Corporation to Hotel/Restaurant/Institutional customers nationwide; and
- Dawn Food Products Ltd. Raw Sesame Seeds, 5 kg. Lots #8014, 8024, 8032; packaged by David Roberts Food Corporation and distributed to Hotel/Restaurant/Institutional customers nationwide.
Authorities claim that no illnesses have yet been reported as a result of the contamination.
For more information about the sesame seed salmonella recall and salmonella contamination, please contact the food poisoning lawyers at 1-888-335-4901.