Salad Shake UpsTM recalled for possible listeria contamination
Salad bowls produced by Apio, Inc., based in Guadalupe, California, may be contaminated with listeria. The company is recalling Eat Smart® Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups™ after the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) found listeria monocytogenes in a random sample of the Sweet Kale/Chou Frise Doux salad. Consequently, Apio is recalling all salads produced on the same day and on the same production line.
The recalled Eat Smart® Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups™ products include:
- Asian Sesame – UPC 7 09351 30241 1, Lot 112 331
- Avocado Ranch – UPC 7 09351 30177 3, Lot 112 331
- Acai – UPC 7 09351 30178 0, Lot 112 331
- Sweet Kale – UPC 7 09351 30240 4, Lot 112 331
- Tropical Lime – UPC 7 09351 30179 7, Lot 112 331
- Avocado Ranch/Ranch ET Avocats – UPC 7 09351 30195 7, Lot 112 331
- Raspberry Acai/Framboises ET Acai – UPC 7 09351 30196 4, Lot 112 331
- Sweet Kale/Chou Frisé Doux – UPC 7 09351 30243 5, Lot 112 331
These salads were shipped to retail customers and distribution centers in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington, as well as a number of locations throughout Canada. Anyone who has purchased any of the recalled salads should not consume them.
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Even healthy individuals may suffer debilitating symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
If you have purchased and consumed any of the recalled Eat Smart® Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups™, please contact the listeria lawyers, food poisoning lawyers, at 1-888-335-4901 to learn more about your legal options.