- Firm Announcement Date:
- December 15, 2018
- FDA Publish Date:
- June 06, 2019
- Product Kind:
- Meals & Drinks
- Purpose for Announcement:
- Firm Identify:
- Apio, Inc.
- Model Identify:
Eat Good, Salad Shake Ups
- Product Description:
Apio, Inc. of Guadalupe, California is voluntarily recalling 5 SKUs of Eat Good® Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups™ (bowls). The recall comes after the Canadian Meals Inspection Company (CFIA) knowledgeable the corporate that one random pattern of Eat Good Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups Candy Kale/Chou Frise Doux 156 gr. (5.5oz) with Finest Earlier than of Dec 14, 2018 examined optimistic for Listeria Monocytogenes. As a precautionary measure, we’re recalling all merchandise produced on the identical day, similar manufacturing line, because the one pattern that examined optimistic by CFIA. Right now, we aren’t conscious of any diseases linked by well being officers to this recall and no different merchandise are affected by this recall.
The affected product could be recognized with the next UPC and lot codes:
- Eat Good Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Asian Sesame – UPC 7 09351 30241 1, Lot 112 331
- Eat Good Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Avocado Ranch – UPC 7 09351 30177 3, Lot 112 331
- Eat Good Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Raspberry Acai – UPC 7 09351 30178 0, Lot 112 331
- Eat Good Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Candy Kale – UPC 7 09351 30240 4, Lot 112 331
- Eat Good Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Tropical Lime – UPC 7 09351 30179 7, Lot 112 331
- Eat Good Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Avocado Ranch/Ranch ET Avocats – UPC 7 09351 30195 7, Lot 112 331
- Eat Good Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Raspberry Acai/Framboises ET Acai – UPC 7 09351 30196 4, Lot 112 331
- Eat Good Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Candy Kale/Chou Frisé Doux – UPC 7 09351 30243 5, Lot 112 331
The product was shipped to retail and distributor clients within the following U.S. states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington. In Canada, the product was shipped to retail and distributor clients within the following provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec and Saskatchewan.
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which might trigger critical and generally deadly infections in younger youngsters, frail or aged folks, and others with weakened immune programs. Though wholesome people could endure solely short-term signs resembling excessive fever, extreme headache, stiffness, nausea, belly ache and diarrhea, Listeria an infection may cause miscarriages and stillbirths amongst pregnant girls.
Anybody who has the recalled product of their possession shouldn’t devour it. The product from any of those lot numbers ought to be disposed of instantly or returned to the place of buy for a refund. Shoppers with questions could contact Apio’s toll-free quantity at 1- 800-626-2746, or go to its web site at https://www.eatsmart.net.
Apio, Inc. has already notified retail and distributor clients who have been shipped the affected product. We now have additionally requested our direct clients to inform their clients of this recall.
Apio, Inc. is issuing this press launch and maintaining the U.S. Meals and Drug Administration knowledgeable of its recall course of to make sure that shoppers are correctly alerted. “We’re conducting this voluntary recall as a precaution out of consideration for the wellbeing and security of our clients and shoppers, although there have been no reported circumstances of sickness,” mentioned Brian Zomorodi, VP High quality & Meals Security. “We proceed to be dedicated to serving shoppers with the perfect high quality product and repair.”