Additional stores identified in Cargill meat recall
The US Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has issued an expanded distribution list for the 132,606 pounds of ground beef products that have been recalled by Cargill Meat Solutions. The ground beef products distributed to these stores were potentially contaminated with e. coli. FSIS, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state public health and agriculture partners determined that raw ground beef was the probable source of 17 illnesses and one death with illness onset dates ranging from July 5 to July 25, 2018.
All of the recalled products have a use by / freeze by date of July 11, 2018, so should no longer be available in stores. However, the FSIS is concerned that consumers may have these products in their freezers and may thaw and eat them in the future.
The stores identified by FSIS as having potentially received at least some of the recalled ground beef products include:
- Aldi Stores in Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Michigan
- FoodMaxx Stores in California
- Meijer Stores in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Wisconsin
- Pak N Save Stores in California
- Safeway/Albertson’s Stores in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nebraska, New Mexico, South Dakota, Wyoming
- Sam’s Club Stores in North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia
- Target Nationwide
- Vons Stores in California
- Food 4 Less in Missouri
- Jeb’s Market in Virginia
- Piggly Wiggly in Virginia, West Virginia
- Canal Fulton Provision in Ohio
- Carniceria La Paloma in New Mexico
- Martin’s Supermarket in Michigan
- Village Market in Michigan
- Graystone in Colorado
- Foothills IGA Market in Georgia
- Central Meat & Provision Co. in California
- Savemart in California
For more information about the Cargill Meat Solutions recall and about e. coli contamination, please contact the food poisoning lawyers at 1-888-335-4901.