Congressional and Public Affairs
Veronika Pfaeffle (202) 720-9113
WASHINGTON, Aug. 5, 2020 – The U.S. Division of Agriculture’s Meals Security and Inspection Service (FSIS) is issuing a public well being alert for ready-to-eat (RTE) meat and poultry merchandise containing Meals and Drug Administration (FDA) regulated onions which were recalled by Thomson International Inc. because of considerations that the merchandise could also be contaminated with Salmonella Newport. FSIS is issuing this public well being alert out of the utmost of warning to make sure that shoppers are conscious that these merchandise, which bear the USDA mark of inspection, shouldn’t be consumed. As extra info turns into obtainable, FSIS will replace this public well being alert.
The RTE meat and poultry gadgets have been produced by Taylor Farms on July 30 and 31, 2020. The next merchandise are topic to the general public well being alert: [View Label (PDF solely)]
- 7.25-oz. plastic sealed container labeled as “Sausage Breakfast Scramble Bowl” with lot code TFD212AU8 and TFD213AU8 and with a finest if utilized by 08/06/2020 or 08/07/2020.
- 6.2-oz. plastic sealed container labeled as “Taylor Farms Cheddar Cheese & Hen Salad Snack Tray” with use by date 08/06/20 or 08/07/20 and lot code TFD212AU7 and TFD213AU7.
- 41.35-oz. plastic baggage containing “Hen Salad” with use by date 08/04/20 or 08/05/20 and lot codes TFD212AU8 and TFD213AU8.
- 10-oz. plastic sealed container labeled as “Hen Salad Deli Snack” with lot codes TFD212AU3 and TFD213AU3 with finest by dates 08/06/2020 or 08/07/2020.
- 7.75-oz. plastic sealed container labeled as “H.E.B. Shake Rattle Bowl SOUTHWEST SALAD with CHICKEN” and a finest if utilized by date of “Aug 10/2020 and lot code TFD213AU20.
- 17.25-oz. plastic sealed container labeled as “Marketside SOUTHWEST STYLE SALAD WITH CHICKEN” with a finest if utilized by date of 08/11/20 or 08/12/2020 and lot codes TFD212AU26 or TFD213AU26.
The merchandise bear the institution quantity “”P-34733″ or “34733” contained in the USDA mark of inspection or printed on the container. These merchandise have been shipped to retail areas in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas.
CDC, FDA and public well being and regulatory officers in a number of states are investigating a multistate outbreak of Salmonella infections linked to onions produced by Thomson Worldwide, Inc. There have been no confirmed stories of sickness because of consumption of the FSIS-regulated merchandise produced containing these onions. Anybody involved about an sickness ought to contact a well being care supplier.
FSIS is anxious that some product could also be in shoppers’ fridges. Shoppers who’ve bought these merchandise are urged to not devour them. These merchandise needs to be thrown away or returned to the place of buy.
Salmonella may cause critical and generally deadly infections in younger kids, frail or aged folks, and others with weakened immune techniques. Wholesome individuals contaminated with Salmonella typically expertise fever, diarrhea (which can be bloody), nausea, vomiting and stomach ache. In uncommon circumstances, an infection with Salmonella may end up in the organism stepping into the bloodstream and producing extra extreme diseases equivalent to arterial infections (i.e., contaminated aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Shoppers with questions can contact Kim Earnshaw or Elizabeth Llanes with Thomson Worldwide, Inc., at (661) 845-1111.
Shoppers with meals security questions can name the toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) or stay chat through Ask USDA from 10 a.m. to six p.m. (Jap Time) Monday via Friday. Shoppers can even browse meals security messages at Ask USDA or ship a query through e mail to [email protected]. For shoppers that have to report an issue with a meat, poultry, or egg product, the net Digital Client Criticism Monitoring System could be accessed 24 hours a day at https://foodcomplaint.fsis.usda.gov/eCCF/.